On March 9 2022 we announced that LimeWire is coming back as a mainstream marketplace for digital collectibles. And to be honest: We were blown away by the positive feedback we received from the media, NFT-enthusiasts, LimeWire OGs, and of course our very own buzzing community.
Let's start off with some numbers around the announcement of the relaunch:
- More than 333k total Tweet impressions on our own Twitter account, plus countless mentions by thousands of Twitter users.
- More than 33k (!) members in our Discord community. Around 10k active members at any given time 24/7 with members from all around the world.
- Interviews with our founders Paul and Julian with Bloomberg, CNBC, Reuters, Decrypt, CoinMarketCap, VICE, Fox Business, and more.
- The total number of media mentions surpassed 1.000 with total impressions of over 15.3 million of global coverage, from the US to Japan.
Some of the most notable initial media coverage:
- Bloomberg: LimeWire Is Making a Comeback, But Not As You Know It
- CNBC: Former file-sharing site LimeWire to relaunch as NFT marketplace, more than a decade since shutting down
- Mashable: LimeWire is relaunching...as an NFT marketplace
- NME: LimeWire to be relaunched as a “digital collectibles marketplace”
- The Independent: LimeWire returns after 12 years, but not as file-sharing site
- Rolling Stone: LimeWire relaunches as digital collectibles marketplace
- Music Week: LimeWire to relaunch as digital collectibles marketplace
- Tech Radar: Remember LimeWire? It's coming back as an NFT marketplace
- The Next Web: Limewire’s back! But as an… ‘NFT for noobs’ marketplace?
- Engadget: LimeWire is back... as an NFT marketplace
- PC World: Piracy favorite LimeWire returns from the dead…as an NFT marketplace
- Reuters: Remember LimeWire? Shuttered file-sharing service is back with NFTs
- Decrypt: Music Sharing Service LimeWire Is Back—As an NFT Marketplace
- The Block: LimeWire announces comeback as web3 NFT marketplace
- Crypto Briefing: A Decade Later, LimeWire Returns as NFT Marketplace
- beIN Crypto: LimeWire Makes a Comeback as an NFT Marketplace
- CNet LimeWire Will Be Resurrected as NFT Marketplace
- Coin Market Cap: LimeWire is Making a Comeback as an NFT Marketplace
What else has happened so far?
We announced Alogrand as our official blockchain partner for minting NFTs:
And yes, it's true.
Want to stay up to date about everything happening at LimeWire?